Introduction

 Hello! My name is Emily Langdon. I am from Lindenhurst, NY (Long Island) and have been a special education teacher of students with moderate to severe developmental disabilities in an 8:1:1 classroom for BOCES for six years now! I also provide in-home ABA therapy as well as Parent Training for students and parents after school. I am on track to graduate with my M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from SUNY Empire at the end of this year! I became interested in this program because as a special education teacher, a lot of the "mainstream" curriculum that I see (even that is supposed to be geared toward students with special needs) is still not appropriate for my students' levels and I am constantly modifying and creating my own materials and lessons to tie into what we are required to use. I love being a special education teacher but also hope to have opportunities open up if needed to possibly expand into a curriculum design/writing or coordinator role in addition to what I am currently doing. In my free time, I am an avid thrift store shopper and run a side-business reselling all types of clothing, shoes and housewares -- my favorite is the vintage stuff! I have two cats who are my babies and love to camp, travel and of course, binge watch my favorite shows after a long day of teaching to decompress. I constantly use different forms of media with my class and am interested in learning more about how media is evolving and the impact it is having in education as well as to hone in on my skills when incorporating it into instruction, assessment and more.

Below are some memes I think every teacher can relate to in general and especially as this school year comes to an end...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining New Literacies & Why They Matter

How New Literacies are Relevant to Us